Discrete Phase Sub-Models
Check out our latest work on spray LES and internal nozzle flow modeling!
CONVERGE™ includes state-of-the-art models for discrete-phase and spray phenomena such as:
- Arbitrary number of injectors and nozzles for increased injection flexibility
- Size distribution and “blob” injection methods
- Liquid breakup including models for Diesel and gasoline sprays
- Drop collision and coalescence models
- Dynamic drop drag models
- Drop turbulent dispersion
- Liquid wall interaction models including wall film
- Drop and wall film evaporation models
- Arbitrary collision mesh algorithm for reduced grid dependency
- Drop/gas momentum coupling for reduced grid dependency
The video below illustrates a combusting Diesel spray simulation using adaptive mesh refinement. Colors represent the temperature field.